Islamabad, Pakistan: Responding swiftly to illegal release of unfounded new political demarcation of Indian Occupied Kashmir (IoK), Pakistan has rejected political maps of India issued by New Delhi.
In a Press Statement issued by Foreign Office of Pakistan in Islamabad, Pakistan categorically stated that it would not accept any action unilaterally taken by India against UNSC resolutions waiting for their execution for conducting Plebiscite in disputed Kashmir.
The political maps of India, issued by the Indian Home Ministry on November 2, 2019, displaying Jammu and Kashmir region and seeking to depict parts of Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir within the territorial jurisdiction of India, are incorrect, legally untenable, void and in complete violation of the relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions. Pakistan rejects these political maps, which are incompatible with the United Nations’ maps.
We reiterate that no step by India can change the “disputed”status of Jammu and Kashmir recognized by the United Nations. Such measures by the Government of India cannot prejudice the inalienable right to self-determination of the people of Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistan would continue supporting the legitimate struggle of the people of Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir for exercising their right to self-determination in accordance with the relevant UN Security Council Resolutions.
What we know about situation in Indian Occupied Kashmir after abrogation of Article 370 (35-A) on August 5, 2019?
• Over 80 Days long curfew and communication blockade continues
• Medical services still not available in IoK,
• International media and international Human rights organisations confirm in their reports that women, girls, children and even young boys are sexually abuse by Indian law enforcing agencies
• Disappearance and abduction of youth continues
• Serious humanitarian crises grips IoK as food stocks are inadequate
• Tourism and hotel industry completely collapsed in IoK
• Orchards owned by Muslim Kashmiris are catted down to ground so there would be no fruit value addition industry available once clampdown is lifted
• Night house-raids and picking up men by law enforcing agencies continues
• Estimated deaths due to non-availability of medical services in Valley crossing the figure of 7,000 patients (deceased patients).
• Educational institutes are still closed and Kashmiris are denied basic right of health and education for the last 85 plus days.