Pakistan Railways Workshops:
- Signal Workshop, Lahore (1906)
- C&W Shops, Mughalpura Lahore (1908)
- Electric Shop, Mughalpura Lahore (1911)
- Locomotive Shop, Mughalpura Lahore (1912)
- Bridge Workshop Jhelum (1922)
- Steel shop, Mughalpura Lahore (1937)
- Construction Shop, Lahore (1955)
- Track Workshop Raiwind (1960)
- Track Machine Shop Mughalpura (1965)
- Central Diesel Locomotive, Workshop/RWP (1965)
- Rehabilitation Shop, Mughalpura Lahore (1979)
- Central Telecom Workshop, Lahore (1985)
Pakistan Railways Factories:
- Concrete Sleeper Factory, Sukkur (1967)
- Pakistan Railways Carriage Factory, Islamabad (1970)
- Concrete Sleeper Factory Khanewal (1981)
- Concrete Sleeper Factory, Kohat (1981)
- Pakistan Locomotive Factory, Risalpur (1993)
All types of maintenance facilities required for Pakistan Railways rolling stock and infra-structure gear is available in these workshops.
However various infrastructure, equipment upgradation is being regularly made in these workshops on need basis and according to requirements of different projects.
The various upgradation made so far is as below:
- Construction of new Rolling Bearing Section in C&W Shops.
- Installation/commissioning of two generator sets capacity MW each in Power House.
- Installation of one ton Induction Furnace max: capacity in Steel shop.
- Installation / Commissioning of new Electric Arc Furnace 05 Ton capacity is underway in Steel Shop.
- Installation of heavy-duty cranes in the above workshops.
Note: The above information was shared by the Minister for Railways Khawaja Saad Rafique with the National Assembly on August 3, 2022.