In order to facilitate movements of Afghan nationals to Pakistan, Pakistan Embassy in Kabul and its Consulates in Afghanistan have ensured the implementation of the Pakistan government’s new liberal visa policy for Afghan nationals enacted on September 29, 2020 in letter and spirit.
In this regard, this Embassy has taken the following measures for facilitative visa processing of a large number of Afghan applicants for Pakistani visa:
- The number of windows for the collection of visa application forms has been increased from 7 to 17, which has resulted in enhanced visas processing capacity for the applicants.
- Issuance of long-term multiple-entry visas to all categories of visitors (one to five-year visas).
- Taking a forward-looking friendly step, the Embassy of Pakistan in Kabul and its Consulates in Jalalabad, Kandahar, and Mazar-e-Sharif at the instruction of the government have introduced online visa/E-visa for Afghan nationals. This enables the applicants to apply for visas online from the website visa.nadra.gov.pk on a 24/7 basis.
- Separate windows have been designated for applicants for medical treatment, students, and business people.
- Separate windows have been designated for female visa applicants.
- Students are being issued visas for their entire duration of studies according to the education programme in Pakistan.
- As a result of these concrete measures, this Embassy and our Consulates have issued 150,000 visas during the months of October and November alone.
- In addition to this, around 12,000 online E-visas have been issued by the Embassy during the past one and a half months.
Due to the above stated facilitative steps taken by the Embassy, it has been able to manage a large number of visa applicants in a dignified manner.
In this regard, the Embassy would like to advise the visa applicants to come to the Embassy during visa hours in the morning where enough visa processing capacity is available to entertain them.
The visa applicants do not need to wait for visas outside the Embassy during night hours.
The Embassy and Pakistan’s Consulates in Afghanistan will continue to process visas of Afghan nationals in a dignified and honorable way.
It is further pointed out that visas for Afghan nationals except businessmen are without any fee.
The Embassy reiterates that there is no visa agent for the Embassy.
The applicants are advised not to pay any fee/charges in the name of facilitation to process visa to any agents or middlemen.
Pakistan’s Consulates in Jalalabad, Kandahar, Herat, and Mazar-e-Sharif have also taken similar facilitative measures.
The Embassy once again thanks the Afghan authorities for assisting the Embassy for managing a large number of visa applicants on daily basis and looks forward to their continued cooperation and support.