ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: A total of 1,042,027 Pakistanis are registered as volunteers of the Tiger Force, the Senate was told.
Sharing the data with the House on Friday, the Minister Incharge of the Prime Minister’s Office told that 681,495 persons are registered as Tiger Force volunteers from Punjab, 160,804 from Sindh, 149,632 from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and 15,676 from Balochistan.
Likewise, 15,020 registered Tiger Force volunteers belong to the Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT), 12,715 to Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK), and 6,685 are from the Gilgit-Baltistan region.
Province-wise detail of Pakistanis registered under the Tiger Force as under:
The Senate was told that the responsibilities assigned to the Tiger Force volunteers are as per the terms of reference (TORs) ranging from COVID Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) compliance to facilitation in price control or as required by their respective district administration from time to time.
Some of the volunteer services they have offered are as under:
- Social Guide in Hospitals/Public Places.
- Ration Distribution.
- Mosques, Utility Stores/SOP Compliance duty.
- Track, Trace & Quarantine Services.
- Quarantine Centre Management.
- Facilitation in Price Control.
- Support in Ehsaas Kafalat Programme.
- General Duty as required by District Administration.
- Panahgahs Monitoring.
- Tree Plantation/Clean & Green Drive.