ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Minister for Petroleum Division Omar Ayub Khan told the National Assembly that there are eight Oil Refineries in the Country at present which are as under:
- Pakistan Refinery Limited (PRL)
- National Refinery Limited (NRL)
- Pak-Arab Refinery Limited (PARCO)
- Attock Refinery Limited (ARL)
- Byco Petroleum Pakistan Limited (BPPLI)
- Byco Petroleum Pakistan Limited (BPPLII)
- Enar Petroleum Refining Facility (ENARI)
- Enar Petroleum Refining Facility (ENARII)
The petroleum minister further told that following are the projects/investment initiatives/proposals in oil refining sector which are being developed/studied/contemplated by the potential investors/project sponsors:
Four functional Coal Power Projects in the Country
Omar Ayub also apprised the House that there are four functional coal power projects all over the Country having cumulative capacity of 4.620 MW.
The minister told that the total estimated imported coal requirement for a 1,320 MW Power Project at full capacity is 3.45 million tons/annum. The total quantity is 10.35 million tons/annum.