How to transfer funds from PayPal to a Pakistani account?
Those who work for international clients or the regular freelancers know how much of a pain is it receive payments from abroad. While we all know PayPal is the best option, but it not operating here is the biggest problem. However, we do have an alternate solution for you that only a few know about. A PayPal service – Xoom – has made inter-border money transfer easier than it can ever be.
What Is Xoom?
Xoom is a digital money transfer and remittance provider company that allows transferring money to more than 70 countries around the world, Pakistan being one of them. They have partnered with companies and banks from around the world, so the amount transferred from any other country can be withdrawn by these partner companies using a credit card, bank account, or a debit card.
Xoom In Pakistan
With the help of Xoom, money can be received from anywhere in Pakistan and can be sent to more than 70 countries in the world. There are nearly 24 partner banks that allow instant bank deposit and cash pickup in over 7444 branches.
For freelancers, it is the best option because the unavailability of PayPal is often a problem. Xoom makes money transfer hassle-free and easy, so there is no doubt clients won’t have any issues using it.
How Does Xoom Work?
Xoom Money Transfer and Receiving process is super simple. The minimum amount that can be sent is $10 and the maximum is $10000. Coming towards, how to send money to Pakistan using this service:
- If the money has to be sent through a bank deposit, Xoom supports that too. It is in unison with almost all Pakistani banks.
- The money can also be sent as a Cash Pickup, and not bank transfer. For that, it can be received from over 7444 branches of these banks; MCB, Allied Bank, Bank Alfalah, NBP, HBL, and UBL. With a valid ID and Xoom transaction number, you can pick up the cash as soon as it is transferred
How To Request Money?
If you have to receive money from someone via Xoom, requesting it is super easy. Send an email request to the person you wish to receive the money from. The ‘Money Request’ will be created with the email ID of that person. The money can then be picked from the bank branches of the banks we have already mentioned, or you can directly have it deposited in your bank account.
There is only one condition that the sender should have a Xoom verified account.
Xoom Transfer Fees
The minimum fee for money transfer if $4.99 if the transfer is for less than $1000. Any more than that, the fee is spared and the payment was done through a bank account.
The one thing you must know is while you might not be paying the fee to Xoom, the money you get changes as per the exchange rate, amount size and the currency. To make sure what you will be receiving, Xoom has a calculator for every country. You can access the one for Pakistan by going to this link:
Does Xoom Have Any Setbacks?
While the benefits of Xoom are many, as you get to transfer money without paying extra and within seconds it can be received, but there are a few limitations one should be aware of as well.
- The money can be sent to Pakistan from the US, but the service does not support sending money from the US to any country
- While Xoom is a service of PayPal, you cannot use it to pay in Xoom
- There are multiple limitations you might face while sending money. You can access the complete, official list here https://www.xoom.com/sending-limits
- Only 10 requests per month can be sent
No matter a few shortcomings, Xoom is right now the best service you can avail of to get your money. It is indeed a bounty for freelancers.