By Matthias Samuel
The Nintendo Switch is a video game console developed by Nintendo. Nintendo is releasing an updated version of its Switch console. The company claims that it has an improved battery life. The new model will include about two extra hours of battery life, and a usage of between 4.5 and 9 hours. Nintendo’s current Switch has an estimated battery life of between 2.5 and 6.5 hours.
Nintendo Switch Lite price and specifications
Nintendo is planning to make the Switch Lite available for $199. It is to release it on September 20, 2019. Pre-orders are open for grey, yellow and turquoise variants. The Nintendo Switch Lite will be available in three colors: yellow, gray, and turquoise. The console will have more than 2,000 games. The Nintendo Switch will be exclusive to games from franchises like Super Smash Bros. ™, The Legend of Zelda™, Mario Kart™, and many more. You’ll also find great games from other developers—with more added every week. It is designed to be a more affordable, handheld-only alternative to the existing Nintendo Switch. Special edition models will also be made available including a Pokémon Nintendo Switch Lite Zacian and Zamazenta Edition that will be on limited sale a month after the standard Lite (from 8 November 2019).
Following are the specifications of the console;
- CPU/GPU: Custom Nvidia Tegra processing
- RAM: Thought to be 4GB like the Switch, but unconfirmed
- Storage: 32GB – upgradeable by microSD card
- Connections: Wi-Fi (802.11ac), Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, USB-C (charging-enabled)
- Touchscreen: 5.5-inches, 1280×720 resolution, LCD
- Speakers: Stereo
- Battery: 3,570mAh – can last up to six hours with three hours charging time from flat to full
- Measures: 91.1 x 208 x 13.9mm
- Weight: 275g
To find out more information on the official Nintendo you can visit the website (https://www.nintendo.com/switch/)