ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) Session was held in Islamabad on Wednesday under the Chairmanship of the Federal Minister for Planning, Development, and Special Initiatives Asad Umar.
The Session was Co-chaired by the NCOC National Coordinator Lt General Hamood Uz Zaman Khan.
The forum took a comprehensive review of the vaccination process and implementation of the anti-Corona Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
The following decisions were taken in the NCOC Session regarding the National Mass Vaccination Campaign;
- Country Wide Mass Vaccination Campaign will be run under the three-pronged strategy based on
- Voluntarily Vaccination by all citizens
- Obligatory for public and private sectors employees. In this regard, all public sector employees will have to be vaccinated by June 30, 2021.
- Incentivized campaign for which NCOC is considering to introduce certain incentives for various sectors to encourage vaccination.
- All Vaccination Centres will remain open from 8 am to 10 pm daily from June 11, 2021 (less Sunday).
- Vaccination centres will remain open on Friday instead of Sunday.
- From June 11 onwards 18 years+ citizens will be able to avail the walk-in facility in vaccination centres
- NCOC is in the process of developing IT-based solutions for the verification of vaccination certificates which shall be completed by the end of June 2021.
Decisions on Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions (NPIs);
These decisions will be implemented from June 15 onwards
- Restriction on the closure of two days a week will be relaxed to 1 day. Choice of the day will be at the discretion of Federating Units.
- Partial opening of indoor gyms for vaccinated members only.
- Only selective non-contact sports will be permitted while the ban on contact sports (Karate, boxing, MMA, Rugby, Kabbadi, Wrestling, waterpolo) and festivals, cultural and other events will remain imposed.
- Ban on the closure of shrines will remain imposed.
- Cinemas will remain closed.
- The existing 50% work from the home policy will be relaxed to 100 % office attendance.
- Two days weekly ban on inter-provincial transportport will be lifted.
- Restriction regarding 50 % occupancy for public transport will be relaxed to 70% occupancy.
- Current Restrictions already announced by NCOC regarding recreation, education Sector, mask-wearing SOP, Railways and inbound passengers policy will remain in place till further orders.