To make Pakistan more digitally successful, the Government of Pakistan has recently launched National Freelancing Training Program that is offering various courses for skill development. Individuals can register for these courses and become Pakistani influencers and self-employed professionals.
The Government of Pakistan has partnered with top universities of Pakistan and their faculty members that are offering these advanced digital courses to build a stronger nation. The people of Pakistan have hopped onto digital platforms. This is why the government is taking initiative to make these digital skills available to all.
Government Initiatives to Digitize Pakistan
Therefore, Govt initiated its first platform, named National e-Tijarat Portal where citizens can access the latest e-commerce trends, updates, and regulations. It was launched by the former Prime Minister of Pakistan. After this e-commerce platform, the Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) and the Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication (MoITT) introduced National Freelancing Training Program (NFTP). This program will help in the growth of the digital ecosystem of Pakistan and make use of endless opportunities.
It will help people to learn diverse skills and become successful freelancers and self-employed professionals. Here are all the details regarding National Freelancing Training Program.
Scope of National Freelancing Training Program
This program is for all four provinces of Pakistan, Gilgit Baltistan, Federal Capital and Azad and Jammu Kashmir in collaboration with top universities. The faculty members of these universities will offer courses, training programmes, and workshops. Up till now, this program has facilitated more than 20,000 citizens of Pakistan.
Citizens of 18 cities can access this training platform with multiple registered centres. Not only you can access the registered centres but also utilise the facility of online sessions using NFTP’s official Facebook page.
Courses and Training Programs
National Freelancing Training Program offers the following courses:
Under this course, you will learn how to use freelancing platforms like Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer.com, and PeoplePerHour. You can get comprehensive knowledge on the ways to make money through these platforms using your digital skills.
This course is specifically for programmers and web developers where they can learn various development and software programming tools. Citizens can get training under professional trainers about tools like CSS, SQL, WordPress, PHP, and others. The basics of this course include:
- Web development basics
- Programming languages
- Introduction to databases
- Theme building and development of websites through WordPress.
Content Marketing and Advertising
In this digital world, e-commerce is growing rapidly. So, NFTP is offering various non-technical training courses to help people involved in digital marketing. They can learn digital media and marketing. The trainees can learn the following skills:
- Creation of creative and engaging content
- Digital Marketing
- SEO Strategies
People can get the advantage of graphic designing in various fields of life and get successful. Therefore, NFTP is offering creative design training to learn the following things:
- Creative logo designing
- Corporate identity kit
- Adobe Suite Training
How to Apply for National Freelancing Training Program?
- First, go to NFTP’s official website.
- Click on ‘register’ icon and provide your CNIC number.
- Read all the terms and conditions carefully and press ‘enter’.
- You will be moved to a new page where you have to fill out a form by providing necessary information like personal details, contact no, and academic and professional information.
- After filling out the form, you will get a confirmation email and a link with your login information.
- After you submit your form and create your account, you have to take a test within 48 hours to be eligible for the course. If you do not pass the test, your application will be rejected.
- The age limit to be eligible for this program is over 14 and below 40.
- You need to provide a valid CNIC and domicile certificate for registration.
- People who are already enrolled in any of the partnered universities have to provide their valid student ID and other relevant documents.
Duration of National Freelancing Training Program
The duration of courses in the National Freelancing Training Program is 3 months. Upon completion of three months course, candidates will be given an achievement certificate. There are three batches for all courses throughout the year.
Universities Offering NFTP Courses
- Mehran UET, Jamshoro
- University of Karachi
- NED University, Karachi
- QUEST, Nawabshah
- IBA, Sukkur
- National Textile University, Faisalabad
- University of Education, Lahore
- University of Education, Multan
- PMAS-Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi
- The Islamia University, Bahawalpur
- Balochistan University of Engineering and Technology, Khuzdar
- Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences
- University of Balochistan, Quetta
- Turbat University, Turbat
- Institute of Management Sciences (IMSciences), Peshawar
- University of Engineering & Technology Mardan
- University of Malakand
- Karakoram International University, Gilgit
Azad and Jammu Kashmir
- University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad
- International Islamic University, Islamabad