NADRA’s digital journey began in the early 2000s, evolving essential data management to advanced online services. This transition reflects Pakistan’s broader digital transformation efforts in public administration. NADRA’s digital services, such as Nadra Family Tree verification, have significantly impacted ordinary Pakistanis, offering convenience and security in managing personal records. This transformation underscores the government’s commitment to leveraging technology for public welfare.
Everything is easily accessed, whether about checking your data in NADRA or retrieving family tree information. You can do all of it either by SMS or online. Recently, NADRA has once again stepped ahead by introducing an SMS service, using which you can quickly check your family tree. Here is how you can do it and the way it is beneficial to the citizens:
Check Your Nadra Family Tree
Check your NADRA Family Tree by SMS
Standing in long queues or sitting for unlimited time in the waiting area at NADRA is not an easy deal. Even when the situation has turned critical following the Coronavirus pandemic, exposure to any public place is also unsafe.
The digitalization of systems at the government level is bringing a revolution in facilitating customers with ease. NADRA has done a great job working for the convenience of citizens, and positive results are growing.
NADRA has introduced an SMS service for the citizens to check the family tree quickly, following a few easy steps. Here is all that you need to do while checking family tree details via SMS service:
If you are a CNIC holder and want to check the family tree, all you need to do is:
- Check that your CNIC is registered with your place in it.
- Send a text message to 8008 along with the CNIC number (with/without dashes).
- You’ll soon receive a reply with all the registered names of the family.
These simple steps can save you from any hassle, and you don’t have to wait for your turn.
Benefits of NADRA SMS Service
Although there are so many benefits of this SMS service to check family trees, here we have some of the basic pros:
- You don’t need to take time off from your office to visit the NADRA office.
- It is a time and energy-saving facility for citizens who want to check their family tree details.
- You no longer need to stand in long queues or wait for your turn to get these details.
- You can check and verify your details, and in case of any illegal association with your family record, you can report the matter quickly.
How to Verify Family Tree NADRA Online
- Go to NADRA’s official website
- Register or sign in to your account.
- Hit ‘New Application’.
- Choose ‘Issuance of Identity Document (CNIC, NICOP, FRC, POC)’.
- Then choose ‘Family Registration Certificate’.
- Click ‘Start Application’.
- Enter your identity card number.
- Upload your photo.
- Choose your family tree and click ‘save’.
- Now, enter the ID cards of all your family members one by one.
- Choose the relation of each member with you.
- Enter their ID card number.
- Then click ‘ADD Member’.
- Click ‘verify my family’ after you’re done.
- You’ll see green tick marks if the list is verified correctly.
What is the purpose of launching the Nadra Family Tree Verification service?
Launching an SMS service for family trees was to find any illegally registered individuals. You can report any unlawfully registered persons not in your family but included in your family tree record. Moreover, you can also re-verify the head of the family once the re-verification drive starts officially.NADRA has also established a helpline to handle 10,000 calls daily and an SMS gateway to issue 150,000 daily.
You can use the above information to access the official NADRA online portal to check your family tree. Let us know your feedback in the comments.
Testimonial from Saima Khan, a Karachi Resident:
“Using NADRA’s SMS service was surprisingly easy. I saved time and avoided a trip to the office. However, I encountered a minor issue with SMS delivery times, which could be improved.”
Interview with NADRA Official, Mr. Malik:
“Digitalization in government services, particularly in NADRA, represents a strategic shift towards efficiency and transparency. Our SMS service for family tree verification is just one example. Citizens now have a more straightforward, hassle-free way of verifying their family records, aligning with global digital governance trends.”