National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) has been revolutionizing its system with digital advancement to facilitate citizens with convenience. Whether it is about checking your database in NADRA or retrieving family tree information, everything is in access with ease. Recently, NADRA has once again stepped ahead by introducing SMS service using which you can quickly check your family tree. Here is how you can do it and the way it is beneficial to the citizens:
Check your family tree using NADRA SMS Service
Standing in long queues or sitting for unlimited time in the waiting area at NADRA is really not an easy deal. Now even when the situation has turned critical following Coronavirus pandemic, the exposure to any public place is not safe as well.
The digitalization of systems at the government level is bringing a revolution in terms of facilitating customers with ease. NADRA has done a great job to work for the convenience of citizens and positive results are growing in number.
NADRA has introduced an SMS service for the citizens to check the family tree quickly following a few easy steps. Here is all that you need to do while checking family tree details via SMS service:
If you are a CNIC holder and want to check the family tree, all you need to do is:
- Check that your CNIC is registered with your place in it.
- Send a text message to 8008 along with the CNIC number (with/without dashes).
- You’ll soon receive a reply with all the registered names of the family.
These simple steps can save you from any hassle and you don’t have to wait for your turn.
Benefits of NADRA SMS Service
Although there are so many benefits of this SMS service to check family tree here we have some of the basic pros:
- You don’t need to take an off from your office to visit NADRA office.
- It is time and energy-saving facility for citizens who want to check their family tree details.
- No more need to stand in long queues or waiting for your turn to get these details.
- You can check, verify your details, and in case of any illegal association to your family record, you can report the matter quickly.
What is the purpose of launching the service?
The purpose of launching an SMS service for family tree was to find out any individuals who are illegally registered.
You can report any of unlawfully registered persons who are not in your family but are included in your family tree record.
Moreover, you can also re-verify the head of the family once the re-verification drive starts officially.
NADRA has also established a helpline that can handle 10,000 calls per day, and an SMS gateway to issue 150,000 SMS per day.