Every year, many aspirant Pakistanis make untiring efforts to visit Schengen Countries including Germany for various purposes. As per statistics, in 2022, 15,692 Pakistanis applied for a German Schengen visa.
Sometimes the German visa application process can be complicated; however, if is followed properly, it becomes quite easier.
Do Pakistani Citizens need a visa to Germany?
Yes, Pakistani nationals must apply for a visa to enter Germany. You’re required to apply for a visa even if you’re planning to stay short-term in the Country as a tourist or visit friends and family.
However, you have to keep in mind that if you already have a valid Schengen visa issued by another Country you can use that visa to enter Germany for short visits.
A Pakistani national should apply for a German Schengen visa if:
- You are only visiting Germany in the Schengen area – Which means that if you want to visit Belgium only, you will not be allowed to apply for a visa for Germany. You must plan to visit Germany in order to qualify for the visa.
- You will spend most of your visiting days in Germany – If you are doing a tour around Europe and the Schengen zone countries, you will have to apply for the visa in the country you will be staying in the longest.
- So, if you want to visit Germany for 5 days, Belgium for 4 days, and the Netherlands for 3 days, you are eligible to apply for a visa in Germany. If you are staying longer in another country, then you cannot apply for a visa in Germany.
Where to apply for a German Visa in Pakistan?
You must apply for a German visa at the German Embassy in Islamabad or German Consulate General in Karachi that corresponds to your area of residence.
How to set up an appointment for a Germany Visa in Pakistan
Scheduling a Germany visa appointment in Pakistan is a quick and easy procedure, that consumes little of your time and energy. You just need to precisely follow the steps listed below:
- First, go to the German Embassy online appointment system website for Pakistan. You should click on “Continue” under the section that is titled “Schengen Visa”, “Short stay visa” or just “Visa” You will not need to create an account, you can start filling the appointment form immediately.
- Next select the type of service, which you should decide according to the purpose of your trip to Germany. You should select the “Schengen” option.
- Then, you will be presented with a calendar that lets you select an appointment date. You will have to scroll through the right to find a date with an available appointment. Keep going until you find one.
- Complete the new set of questions, which overall are questions on your personal details and background. Make sure you have your passport close to you as you will have to write your passport number among others. How to get a visa for Germany from Pakistan?
To get a visa to Germany from Pakistan the instructions need to be followed as listed:
- Select the correct visa type.
- Find out where to apply.
- Set up an appointment with the embassy/consulate.
- Prepare the required documents.
- Pay the visa fee.
- Submit your application.
What documents are required to apply for a German Visa in Pakistan?
You must prepare two sets of the following documents for your German visa application:
- You must provide a filled-out and signed application form for your visa. You can usually download the form online via the embassy website, print it and fill it out. Please make sure to submit accurate and complete information.
Declaration of accuracy of information
- Submit a signed declaration of accuracy of information with the rest of your documents.
- You must provide your passport which must be valid for additional three months after you leave Germany, contains two blank pages and was issued in the last 10 years.
- 2 identity photographs in line with the Schengen visa photo guidelines — the photo must not be older than 6 months.
Proof of Residency in Pakistan
- Submit proof of residency in Pakistan such as your utility bill — make sure to provide the original document plus one copy.
- You must submit proof of a valid residence permit — make sure to submit an additional copy of the document.
Schengen Travel Health Insurance
- Provide proof of purchased valid travel health insurance that covers you in the Schengen Area and has a minimum of EUR 30,000 equivalent to PKR 9,357,656.09 of medical coverage including medical emergencies.
Proof of Accommodation
- Submit proof of accommodation during your stay in the country. You can submit proof of hotel reservation, rental agreement, and Airbnb, or if you’re staying with someone an invitation letter.
- Please provide a travel itinerary for your entry and visit to the country and include proof of reserved flight ticket.
Proof of Sufficient Financial Means
- You must submit your recent bank statements from the last six months showing you have sufficient funds to cover your travel to Germany. Your bank statements must show the name and address of the owner.
Declaration Form for Additional Contact and Legal Representation Information
- Submit two completed and signed copies of this declaration form.
Letter of Invitation
- If you are visiting a family member or a friend please provide an invitation letter from your host stating their relationship with you and your reason for visiting. If they are sponsoring you they must also include that in the letter.
How long does it take to get a visa to Germany from Pakistan?
It takes 15 days to process your visa application but sometimes processing times can be extended for longer depending on the number of applicants. Please do not contact the embassy to ask them regarding your application status — once a decision has been made you will be notified.
How much does Germany Visa cost?
The fees for a German visa application from Pakistan vary as follows:
|Application fee for adults||EUR 80 equivalent to PKR 24,953.75|
|Fee for minor applicants (between 6-12 years of age)||EUR 40 equivalent to PKR 12,476.87|
|Fee for children under 6||Free|
How much bank balance is required for a German Schengen Visa?
You must provide proof you have a minimum of EUR 45/ or PKR 14,036.48 per day to spend during your stay in Germany. You can show proof of financial means via your bank statements or proof of sponsorship.