President of United Arab Emirates (UAE) Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has conferred Order of the Union Medal on the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa in recognition of his significant contributions for promotion of bilateral ties between Pakistan and UAE.
The medal was conferred upon the Army Chief when he called on the UAE’s president.
During the meeting, matters of mutual interest, bilateral defense and security cooperation and regional security situation also came under discussion.
The two leaders agreed that Pakistan and UAE share a great history of cordial relations and deep-rooted spirit of brotherhood which is transforming into an enduring partnership.
Order of the Union
The Order of the Union Medal has also been awarded to H.E. Emile Lahoud, His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Prince Willem-Alexander, Bill Gates and H.E. Sergey Lavrov.
Medals already awarded to COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa
- June 26, 2022 (Medal of Excellence) in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) by Crown Prince
- January 9, 2021 Bharian Order (first class) award) by Crown prince
- October 5, 2019 (Order of Military Merit) in Jordan by king Abdullah II
- December 27, 2018 (Common wealth in Rescue and Letter of Commendation of Russian Mountaineering Federation) by Russian Ambassador’s visit to Pakistan
- June 20, 2017 (Turkeys Legion of Merit Award) in Ankara