QUETTA, Pakistan: The Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfraz Bugti has termed the Mastung carnage as a conspiracy against the economic corridor, a $46 billion project between Pakistan and China.
Last night, militants kidnapped passengers from two Karachi-bound coaches and killed at least 22 of them in Khad Kocha area of Balochistan’s Mastung district.
Talking to media persons in Quetta on Saturday, the provincial home minister said that the Frontier Corps (FC) Balochistan had begun an operation against the militants in Mastung area after the incident.
Bugti said that two helicopters and 500 FC personnel were taking part in the operation. He told that seven militants had so far been killed in the operation.
The home minster further said that the operation would continue till elimination of the militants.
Meanwhile, the Balochistan government announced a three-day mourning in the province over Mastung tragedy while on the call of various political parties and Anjuman-e-Tajran, a complete shutter down strike was being observed in Quetta.
The sources said that all shops and business centers were closed and traffic was thin on the roads.
The Balochistan Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik Baloch in a joint press conference along with the opposition Leader in the Balochistan Assembly Maulana Abdul Wasay in Quetta, announced to convene an all parties conference to discuss the security situation in Balochistan.
The Chief Minister also said that he has spoken to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif with regards to convening an all parties conference. He said that conference will be convened in the next couple of days.