ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Indian troops committed 3,097 ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC) in 2020 alone, deliberately targeting the civilian populated areas.
In those unprovoked Indian violations, 28 innocent civilians embraced martyrdom while 257 sustained serious injuries.
The latest such incident occurred on December 30 when the Indian troops opened indiscriminate and unprovoked firing in Kotkotera Sector of the LoC.
Resultantly, 34-year-old Muhammad Sarfaraz received serious injuries at Phalni Bazar.
Therefore, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad once again summoned a senior Indian diplomat on Friday to register Pakistan’s strong protest over ceasefire violations.
Earlier in the day, the Foreign Office Spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri in his weekly media briefing said that India continues to escalate tensions along the LoC to divert attention from its internal failings and the situation in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK).
The Spokesman said that despite all its illegal and inhuman actions, India has failed and will continue to fail in breaking the will of the Kashmiri people.
Chaudhri said that the brutalization of innocent Kashmiris at the hands of Indian troops will only further strengthen their resolve for freedom from illegal Indian occupation.
“I wish to reassure our Kashmiri brothers and sisters that they are not alone in their rightful struggle,” he said.
The Spokesperson reiterated that Pakistan will continue to stand with them till the realization of their inalienable right to self-determination.