ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Indian forces once again resorted to ceasefire violations at the Line of Control (LoC) and martyred a young woman on Friday (Indian firing at LoC).
The 22 year-old Munazza Bibi was a resident of Pakka Kotha village in Bhimbar Sector.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Indian forces had killed an 18 year-old Haroon Abdul Rashid in Bijildar village in in Leepa Sector.
In 2018, the Indian forces have carried out more than 2312 ceasefire violations along the LoC and the Working Boundary, resulting in the martyrdom of 35 innocent civilians while injuring further 135 others.
Meanwhile, the Director General (SA & SAARC) Dr. Mohammad Faisal summoned the Indian Deputy High Commissioner J.P. Singh today (Saturday) at the Foreign Office in Islamabad and condemned the unprovoked Indian firing at LoC.
Dr. Faisal said that the deliberate targeting of civilian populated areas is indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity, international human rights and humanitarian laws. He said that the ceasefire violations by India are a threat to regional peace and security and may lead to a strategic miscalculation.
The director general (SA & SAARC) urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 Ceasefire arrangement; investigate this and other incidents of ceasefire violations; instruct the Indian forces to respect the ceasefire, in letter and spirit and maintain peace on the LoC and the Working Boundary.
Dr. Mohammad Faisal urged that the Indian side should permit United Nations Military Observers Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) to play its mandated role as per the UN Security Council resolutions.