By Matthias Samuel
The Easypaisa service also called ‘Money Transfer’ was launched by Telenor, through which people can send or receive money across the whole country. Easypaisa has almost 70,000 outlets all over Pakistan.
How to send money through Easypaisa
Following information is to be provided by the sender to retailer while sending the money to another person;
- Your (Sender) original & valid CNIC number
- Receiving person’s valid CNIC number
- Mobile phone number of the sender (optional) & receiver’s mobile phone number (optional)
- The next step is to simply tell the retailer the amount of money you want to send
- Pay retailer the required money + service charges
- Retailer will do the transaction using a mobile phone, then he will ask you to give your thumb impression on a biometric system
- Once the transaction is done, you will be sent a Transaction ID via SMS on your mobile number
- Boththe sender and receiver will receive transaction information (transaction ID, amount and CNIC numbers) via a SMS message.
How to receive money sent through Easypaisa
- Go to a nearby Easypaisa Shop
- Tell your (Receiver) valid CNIC number
- Provide transaction ID (received via SMS)
- Receive the money
Following are the service charges of sending the amount to receiver’s CNIC;
Matthias Samuel is a student of history in Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) Islamabad, and occasionally writes blogs and articles.