By Matthias Samuel
The Easypaisa service also called ‘Money Transfer’ was launched by Telenor, through which people can send or receive money across the whole country. Easypaisa has almost 70,000 outlets all over Pakistan.
How to send money through Easypaisa
The following information is to be provided by the sender to the retailer while sending the money to another person;
- Your (Sender) original & valid CNIC number
- Receiving a person’s valid CNIC number
- Mobile phone number of the sender (optional) & receiver’s mobile phone number (optional)
- The next step is to simply tell the retailer the amount of money you want to send
- Pay retailer the required money + service charges
- The retailer will do the transaction using a mobile phone, then he will ask you to give your thumb impression on a biometric system
- Once the transaction is done, you will be sent a Transaction ID via SMS on your mobile number
- Both the sender and receiver will receive transaction information (transaction ID, amount and CNIC numbers) via an SMS message.
How to receive money sent through Easypaisa
- Go to a nearby Easypaisa Shop
- Tell your (Receiver) valid CNIC number
- Provide transaction ID (received via SMS)
- Receive the money
Following are the service charges of sending the amount to receiver’s CNIC;
Easy Pais has transformed the process of sending and receiving money in Pakistan. It would be convenient say that easy paisa has more penetration in Pakistan than any other bank or mobile wallets.
Benefits of using this service
There are countless success stories of easy paisa and entrepreneurs who were able to thrive with the help of easy Paisa. No matter what and how but money is transferred within minutes. Regardless of your locality, anyone can send or receive money through easy paisa in remote villages or areas where there are no banks even.
Matthias Samuel is a student of history at Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) Islamabad, and occasionally writes blogs and articles.