When can you renew your Emirates ID?
- The time limit to renew an expired ID Card is 30 days from the date of expiry after which late fines will apply.
Note that after the Emirates ID expires, the ID holder must apply for its renewal.
- The Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP) will send you a notification via SMS requesting you to renew your ID C
- You can apply for the ID Card Renewal Service at the website of ICP or through ICP App on Google Play, App Store and Huawei, or through an accredited typing centre.
- You might need to visit one of ICP’s Service Centres to provide your biometric details.
Steps renew your ID card using the ICP website or ICP UAE Smart App
Renewing an Emirates ID Card
Apply for an Emirates ID Card renewal easily through the ICP website www.icp.gov.ae or the Smartphone application ICP UAE Smart
- Register and create an account “UAE PAS” or log in to Smart Services in case of prior registration
- Choose the ID Card Renewal Service
- Submit the Application and Pay the Fees
- You will receive a text message with the completion and success of the operation and if there is any further steps needed.
- Receive the Card through the approved delivery company
Please make sure that the information you provide is valid and accurate;
- Make sure you enter your ID number and expiry date correctly when applying for renewal or replacement
- Make sure the data you enter into the digital application form are correct before paying the fees to avoid delays in processing of your application
- Providing valid and accurate data ensures swift processing of your application within set timeframe.
- Make sure your data (e.g. phone number, email address, and delivery method) are entered correctly in the digital application form
- The data you enter will be reviewed and validated by the ICP
How early can the Emirates ID be renewed?
- UAE nationals can apply for renewal of Emirates ID between six and one month before the expiry date.
- UAE residence visa holders can only apply for renewal when their residence visa is renewed or reissued.