By Matthias Samuel
The modern laptops are fancy, slim and no doubt promising but they do lack some old school hardware, some of the laptops do not even have a headphone jack anymore.
Anyways, laptop manufactures have also stopped putting in a good old cd or DVD drive.
A lot of people have no idea that if they want to install a fresh copy of windows, how are they going to do it.
There are several different ways to install windows, but this article would only focus on how to install windows by using a flash drove or a USB.
Before going any further, you need to know how to make a USB capable of a bootable Windows installation.
Following are the steps to make a USB capable of a bootable Windows installation;
- Connect the USB flash drive to your PC from which you will make the USB to work.
- Now you need to open the disk management to make a partition, Right-click on Start (windows icon or the menu icon) and choose Disk Management.
- Now you need to format the partition for that, Right-click the USB drive partition and choose Format. Select the FAT32 file system to be able to boot either BIOS-based or UEFI-based PCs.
- To active the partition, Right-click the USB drive partition and click Mark Partition as Active.
Once this is done follow the steps to copy the windows file to USB.
- The next step is to copy the windows to the USB for that you can either download a file whole windows from torrent or Use File Explorer to copy and paste the entire contents of the Windows product DVD or ISO to the USB flash drive.
The final step is to install windows on the new PC. For that:
- Connect the USB flash drive to a PC in which you want to install the windows.
- Turn on the PC and press the key that opens the boot-device selection menu for the computer, such as the Esc/F10/F12 keys. Select the option that boots the PC from the USB flash drive.
- Windows Setup starts. Follow the instructions to install Windows.
- Once the windows is installed you can safely remove the USB flash drive.