How to donate in UAE:
The UAE government has set laws, rules, and regulations for everything, including giving money to charity. Therefore, you must follow the correct method if you wish to do so.
The regulation safeguards fundraisers and their donations from any misuse in supporting terrorist and criminal organizations.
The registration process for NGOs who want to work in UAE:
Charitable organizations, NGOs, and humanitarian aid organizations in Dubai can get official recognition and permits from the following entities:
- Send the online application to The Ministry of Community Development.
- Applicants must submit it with complete and proper paperwork to the ministry through their UAE embassy or consulate.
- The ministry will review the application, which will then forward it to the Cabinet for a final decision on whether or not to grant the organization registration.
UAE government sectors for donation:
Institutions of the UAE government are charged with promoting social welfare and assisting those in need domestically and internationally. Here is the list of all the government institutes that deal with donations and charity.
- Ministry of Community Development.
- Zakat Fund of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
- Authority for National Emergency, Crisis, and Disaster Management.
- Center for National Rehabilitation.
- Islamic Affairs and Endowments General Authority.
- Ma’an Abu Dhabi Social Support Authority, which oversees social responsibility.
- Department of Community Development Authority, Islamic Affairs & Charitable Activities.
Consequences for engaging in illegal fund-raising:
Raising money illegally by private individuals or unregistered groups carries severe penalties, including jail time and heavy fines.
How to make zakat in UAE:
The UAE government has also established a formal mechanism for zakat. Zakat can be paid with the following:
- Zaki platform.
- Zakat Fund payment services.
- DubaiNow app- Digital Dubai.
List of non-government charity organizations:
Here is the list of all the licensed charity organizations in the UAE:
1-The Emirates Charity portal.
2-The Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Foundation.
3-Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan Foundation for Charity and Humanitarianism.
4-Red Crescent Authority of the Emirates.
5-The Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s foundations.
6-Global Initiatives by Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
7-The Al Maktoum Foundation.