The English language is becoming increasingly famous for its international purposes. For travel abroad for studies, residence, or business purposes, a person has to be proficient in English. Thus, IELTS is an internationally acceptable English testing system. For visiting any other country, IELTS in Pakistan has to be taken by the individuals. If you want to know about the tips and tricks on how to get high score in IELTS, you are at the right spot.
IELTS Pakistan Format
For appearing in the IELTS test, you need to decide the type of test you are going to appear in. There are two types of IELTS tests, IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. Both of the tests have further four subdivisions. IELTS aims to test an overall ability to understand the English language. That is why, the test consists of four sections, listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Amongst them, reading, writing, and listening tests are taken at once while the speaking test is carried out sometime later on the same day or within seven days of taking the test.
The examination of the IELTS test is based on band scores from 1-to 9. Candidates are given band scores for each section separately. Then, the average from each band is taken and rounded off to the nearest number of half band.
How To Get A High Score In IELTS?
The ultimate goal to attempt the test is to achieve a high score. So, it is necessary to focus on all four sections to get an aggregate high score. Here are some tips on how to get high score in IELTS.
- Go with the practice of all the questions including labelling, matching, questions, multiple-choice questions, etc.
- Listen to the audio very carefully.
- Do not make any guesses and stick to the content heard from the audio without including any background or personal information.
- Go through the questions before listening to the audio. Candidates are given 30-60 seconds to read the questions.
- Use correct grammar and spelling.
- Always check your answers.
- Listen to the negative words like no, never, similar words, and synonyms carefully before answering your question.
- Practice different reading methods like skimming, intense reading, and scanning.
- While preparing for the test, practise reading different kinds of long texts from different subjects.
- Focus on your time management.
- Practice reading 50 words in a minute.
- Highlight key notes while reading
- Do not stick to one question if you could not answer that. Move to the next question without wasting your time. You can answer the unsolved question at the end.
- Pay serious attention to your grammar while doing your writing task.
- Do not write in a simple language. Use complex and compound sentences, modal verbs, transition words, and question and conditional sentences.
- Bring a variety of words and sentence structure along with accuracy to the content to achieve a high score in IELTS.
- Read the task carefully and underline keywords.
- Read as many books as you can and watch movies or documentaries to speak better.
- Practice speaking English in your everyday life.
- Remember it is a formal speaking test that requires a neutral yet friendly tone with confidence and a smile on your face.
- Try to give extended explanations in your answers.
- Speak fluently and confidently.
- Use complex words and accurate grammar while speaking.
- If you have any doubts about a question, ask the examiner to repeat it.
How To Prepare For IELTS?
How to get high score in IELTS? You can do so by preparing smartly for it. These are some of the strategies you can opt for to ace your English test.
- Make a study plan.
- Enhance your vocabulary, speaking and listening skills by reading newspapers, and books and also by watching documentaries.
- Keep practising everything that you learn.
- Practice your time management.