By Matthias Samuel
This system of registering mobile devices was introduced because of the illegal import of smartphones. When the incumbent government took notice of this illegal import, PTA (Pakistan Telecommunication Services) started to register mobile phones. The process is pretty simple, PTA simply asked the people to register their phone by dialing *8484#. In case if your mobile device is not registered with PTA DIRBS, you can visit the link, https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs/auth/login, to register your device.
Following are the simple steps to check how many devices are registered under your CNIC:
- The first step is to Dial *8484# for your mobile phone
- A new window will pop up with 5 options. In order to check registered phone devices on your CNIC, tap 4 “mobile count registered with your CNIC”.
- After selecting option 4, a window with two options will appear: i-Pakistani, ii- Foreigner.
- Enter your CNIC number to check registered mobile devices under your CNIC.
- The last step is to Press 1, after that, a new window will appear that will show the current registered devices in PTA on your CNIC. It will also show how much devices you can register.
Matthias Samuel is a student of history in Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) Islamabad, and occasionally writes blogs and articles.