Original Phone or Fake? How to Check It?
Mobile phone market of Pakistan is stuffed with different versions of the original phones and that puts a question mark on the reliability factor while purchasing a brand new phone. It is not at all easy to save money and spend it on the phone of your choice and if it is from an expensive category, it demands more attention to check the originality of the phone at the time of purchase. So in order to avoid buying the fake phones from the market here are some of the methods you can use to check if your mobile phone is original or not.
Check the following features
Be careful about the spellings, For example, Soniericsson, Nokla and Samsvng
Always insist on 12-month warranty certificate from the handset manufacturers and never proceed with an oral agreement with the seller. Fake phones come with a shorter warranty period since counterfeiters cannot guarantee it will last long or not.
Check for the performance of the handset
Some people carry their phones home without testing it first. Some dealers encourage this, knowing the handset is fake. As you check it out, you may notice some points of low performance such as memory which is smaller or might have poor quality photos.
Check the appearances like dull colors, fake logos, quality difference in weight, screen size, the location of buttons and battery, quality of printing and paint finish, added or missing functions, quality control stickers and holograms and an overall lack of quality.
- Unlock your mobile phone if it locks and type *#06#, now press dial button then you can get this code. The other method is checking Phones quality through 15 digit IMEI code.
- IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. It is a 15-digit number and may be found in the packet of the mobile phone. It may also be found by removing the back cover and it may be placed on the battery sticker.
- The number might be as below:
- 3 6 9 3 9 5 0 1 2 3 5 5 6 7 8
- Now, look at the 7th and 8th digit. These two digits will ensure your phone’s quality!
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 00 this indicates your cell phone is manufactured in Original Factory which ensures the best quality.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 01 or 10 this indicates your cell phone is manufactured in Finland which is high quality.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 13 this indicates your cell phone is assembled in Azerbaijan which is too bad. And it is also dangerous for health!
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 02 or 20 this indicates your cell phone is assembled in Emirates which is very poor quality.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are either 03/30 04/40, this indicates your phone is made in China but its quality is good. But not good either as 00, 01 or 10.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 05 or 50 this indicates your cell phone is manufactured either in Brazil or USA or Finland.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 06 or 60 this indicates your cell phone is manufactured either in Hong Kong, or China or Mexico.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 08 or 80 this indicates your cell phone is manufactured in Germany which is fair quality.
10 = Finland also 01 = Finland
20 = Germany
30 = Korea
40 = China
50 = Brazil, USA, Finland
60 = HK, China, Mexico
70 = Finland
80 = Hungary
91 = Finland
This will help you to pick the good one. Try it. But, remember, these tips may not work with the Sony Erickson Mobile Phone.