Highlights of UAE Green Visa
- Eligibility for Green Visa
- Requirements for Skilled Employees
- Requirements for Freelancers and Self-Employed Applicants
- Requirements for Investors or Partners
- How to Apply?
Green Visa is a new advancement in the visa category for UAE. It separates the work and residency permit visa holders from skilled, freelancers, and self-employed people. So, those who are looking for working independently in UAE can get UAE Green Visa. This visa allows the applicants to sponsor themselves without relying on any family member, employer, or UAE resident.
This Visa is added to the category by Abu Dhabi Resident Office (ADRO) to make sure that the job market remains flexible. Moreover, it ensures that UAE gets the most skilled people from all around the world to promote employment in the state. UAE Green Visa holders can get a long-term residency in UAE for 5 years as well as provide several benefits to the visa holder’s family.
Green Visa provides the following benefits to the holders:
- The holders can stay in UAE without the sponsor and requirement of contract-based employment.
- Can sponsor sons and unmarried daughters under the age of 25.
- Can stay in UAE for a grace period of 6 months after the duration of 5 years.
- Residence holders can sponsor their first-degree relatives
Eligibility for UAE Green Visa
The individuals who are eligible to apply for UAE Green Visa are:
- Skilled workers
- Investors or partners
Requirements for Skilled Employees
- Applicants must hold a valid employment contract.
- Must fall into the category of first, second, or third occupational level according to the Ministry of Human Resource and Emiratisation.
- The minimum qualification should be a bachelor’s or equivalent.
- The minimum salary requirement is AED 15,000.
Those residing under UAE Green Visa as skilled workers get an extended grace period of 90 days after the expiration of the visa.
Requirements for Freelancers and Self-Employed Applicants
Freelancers and self-employed people can also apply for this visa without any sponsor or employer. They can stay in UAE for 5 years. All they need is the following documents:
- A freelance/ self-employment permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
- A minimum educational qualification of bachelor’s or equivalent or a certified specialized diploma.
- The annual income of freelancing or self-employment from the past two years must be AED 360,000.
- The applicants must provide proof of financial solvency throughout their stay in UAE.
Requirements for Investors or Partners
- Approval of investment
- Proof of investment of around AED 1 million.
- Approval of competent local authorities.
- If the investor has more than one license, the total invested capital will be calculated.
The cost of a UAE Green Visa is AED 2,280. It doe snot include the price of an ID card which costs AED 575 and the medical fee which costs AED 320 for normal services. These charges are only for individual applicants. However, it may vary according to the number of sponsored members on this visa.
How to Apply?
To apply for UAE Green Visa, freelancers, self-employed, entrepreneurs, and investors must follow this procedure:
- Either visit the website or download the app of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA) Dubai.
- Create your account.
- Go to the services section and choose the Green Residency option.
- Chose the subcategory from the options: freelancer, partners, investor, or skilled worker.
- Attach all the required documents that are legible and clear.
- Pay the fee of AED 2,280.
- Submit the application.
Who is eligible for UAE Green Visa?
Freelancers, skilled workers, investors, or partners can apply for UAE Green Visa.
What is the cost of a UAE Green Visa?
The cost of a UAE Green Visa is AED 2,280.
How can I get 5 years visa in UAE?
Green Visa allows the holders to stay in UAE for 5 years.
What is the minimum salary for UAE Green VIsa?
The minimum salary for UAE Green Visa or skilled workers is AED 15,000.
Can Green Visa holders sponsor their family members?
Yes, they can sponsor their first-degree relatives including sons and unmarried daughters less than 25 years of age.
Do UAE Green Visa holders need sponsorship?
No, they can apply on their own without any sponsorship from the nationals.