Here is a complete step by step guide on how to apply and get Sehat Insaf Card or Health Card under prime minister program. Sehat Card was introduced in Punjab while the Insaf card was launched in KPK a few years ago. One should have these cards for medical purposes.
How to get a Health Card in Pakistan?
Health is wealth and it is such a statement that couldn’t be proved wrong in any case till the date. It is that fundamental human right which is important for a nation to prosper. We have been observing since long that every government promised to fulfill basic needs for the people of Pakistan specifically in terms of health and education, however, it always proved to be more of a political statement then the care or concern for the nation. Surprisingly, the PTI government has taken the initiative to support needy people by providing them health facilities across the country.
In developing countries, the health budget is considered an investment rather than an expenditure. If we have a look over the system abroad, every developed country has ensured the provision of healthcare for all under the health insurance system; the expenses of which are borne by either the government or social security departments.
Unfortunately, the situation is entirely different in Pakistan as people usually prefer to stay sick even if it takes them to the death, all because of the reason that medical treatment for any of the diseases is so much expensive and no one can afford it. However, this initiative of health cards may be doing something good in this regard.
How to get the Sehat Insaf Card?
Here is an easy guide to how you can get and use SehatInsaf Card to avail medical facilities:
- Check your Eligibility
- SMS your National Identity Card number to 8500, to check your eligibility in the program.
- Get your SehatInsaf card
- In case you have been declared eligible, you can receive your SehatInsaf card from the card distribution center developed in your district.
- Gather Information and Documents required
- Determine the empaneled hospitals for SehatSahulat Program.
- Take the following documents when you visit the empanelled Government/ Private hospital.
- SehatInsaf card
- Original CNIC
- B-Form (In case of child treatment)
- Use your SehatInsaf card to get treatment
- After reaching the empaneled hospital you may approach the dedicated SSP representative counter for further assistance. The SSP staff shall verify your SehatInsaf card, and will guide you to the relevant hospital department for the treatment.
- Get the treatment free of cost
- The cost of treatment after the patient has been admitted in the hospital shall be charged from the SehatInsaf card.
NOTE: This facility is only available in case of patient needs admission in the hospital
- Provide Feedback
- Call at: 0800-09009, for your feedback. You will also receive a call from the SSP staff to take your feedback for the experience and treatment received.
- You can also send us your feedback/complaints through our website feedback form.
Why Insaf Card is important for you?
SehatSahulat Program is a milestone towards social welfare reforms; ensuring that the identified under-privileged citizens across the country get access to their entitled medical health care in a swift and dignified manner without any financial obligations. The SSP program’s objective is to improve access of the poor population to good quality medical services, through a micro health insurance scheme.
Approximately 7.2 million families consisting of 32 million people below the poverty line will benefit initially. Anyone earning less than $2 (Rs 300) per day will be entitled to benefit. The scheme covers approximately 30 percent of the population of Punjab at present with scope to cover the entire population in the next few years.
Benefits of Sehat Insaf Card
- The Sehat Insaf Card provides comprehensive cover to beneficiaries, and holders will be entitled to free-of-cost hospitalization, emergency services, in-patient services (all medical and surgical cases), fractures/injuries, referral transportation, maternity services, and free follow-ups.
- In addition to the secondary care services, eight major diseases will be also covered under priority cover package, including cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus, burns and road traffic accidents, last-stage renal diseases and dialysis’, chronic diseases (TB, Hep A/B/C, HIV, chronic liver disease), organ failure, oncology, and neurosurgical services.
- The cardholder may get treatment worth up to Rs. 720,000 annually. That Rs. 720,000 can be further topped up if needed. If a cardholder or his family member gets any major disease which is expensive, then the treatment won’t be stopped due to exhaustion of insurance amount, but the government can provide a further Rs. 360,000 per family per annum and get the treatment completed.
- In addition to the medical facilities, the card also provides support in transportation. The transportation cost of Rs. 1,000 will be paid to per family per visit.
- Another valued feature is the provision of burial support. If a patient dies while admitted, burial support of Rs. 10,000 will be paid to the bereaved family.
- Another feature is the inclusion of both public and private hospitals on the panelist. Before this scheme, the poor could not even imagine going to private hospitals, but now they can confidently walk into these hospitals and avail treatment.
® Secondary Care
INITIAL COVERAGE PKR 60,000 / FAMILY / YEAR
ADDITIONAL COVERAGE PKR 60,000 / FAMILY
- In-Patient Services (All Medical and Surgical Procedures).
- Emergency Treatment requiring admission.
- Maternity Services (Normal Delivery and C – Section).
- Maternity Consultancy / Antenatal Check-ups (4 times before delivery and one follow up after delivery).
- Maternal Consultancy for family planning, immunization and nutrition.
- Fractures / Injuries.
- Post hospitalization.
- Local Transportation Cost of PKR 1,000 (thrice per year).
- Provision of transport to tertiary care hospitals.
® Priority Treatment
INITIAL COVERAGE PKR 300,000 / FAMILY / YEAR
ADDITIONAL COVERAGE PKR 300,000 / FAMILY
- In Patient Services (All Medical and Surgical Procedures).
- Heart diseases (Angioplasty/bypass).
- Diabetes Mellitus Completion.
- Burns and RTA (Life, Limb Saving Treatment, implants, Prosthesis).
- End stage kidney diseases/ dialysis.
- Chronic infections (Hepatitis/HIV).
- Organ Failure (Liver, Kidney, Heart, Lungs).
- Cancer (Chemo, Radio, Surgery).
- Neurosurgical Procedure.
Moreover, if you want to check out the list of hospitals empanelled under SehatSahulat Program, Please click on the link: http://www.nhsrc.gov.pk/index.php?page=ssp
This article has been updated on November 29, 2020