Govt to take firm action against wheat hoarding & smuggling: Naveed Qamar

National AssemblyGovt to take firm action against wheat hoarding & smuggling: Naveed Qamar

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The federal government has decided to take firm action against hoarding and smuggling of wheat, the Minister for Commerce Naveed Qamar said.

During the question hour in the National Assembly on Wednesday, the minister said that the government has decided to import three million metric tons of wheat to meet domestic requirements.

   

The minister said that the wheat procurement target set for the current season will be achieved by the end of June. He also said that modern silos will be established to ensure better preservation of wheat.

Naveed Qamar said that the Country is self-sufficient in wheat production but over the last two years, a shortfall has been witnessed due to various factors including non-availability of timely fertilizers to the farmers, climate change, and shortage of water.

The Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Murtaza Javed Abbasi regretted the delay in the completion of New Balakot City.

Murtaza Javed Abbasi said that 30 percent work on the project has been completed. He said that responsibility rests with the provincial government to complete the remaining 70 percent work.

Mati
Mati
Mati-Ullah is the Online Editor For DND. He is the real man to handle the team around the Country and get news from them and provide to you instantly.

Must read

Recent News

Minorities’ delegation discusses Minorities Rights Bill with Law Minister

0
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: A delegation of representatives of the minorities community held a meeting with the Federal Minister for Law and Justice Senator Azam Nazeer...

Imran Khan strongly condemns cowardly attack on Raoof Hasan, vows PTI won’t be deterred...

0
Says entire nation knows orchestrators of these attacks on PTI’s leadershipISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Founding Chairman Imran Khan on Tuesday strongly...

NCHR launches report on irregular migration from Pakistan

0
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The National Commission for Human Rights (NCHR) has called for addressing root causes of migration through sector-specific programs and local development initiatives. ...

PTI Central Information Secretary Raoof Hasan attacked in Islamabad

0
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: Unknown men attacked the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Central Information Secretary Raoof Hasan with a blade in Islamabad on Tuesday, leaving him injured.The...

Interbank Dollar Rate Today in Pakistan – 21 May 2024

0
Interbank Exchange Rates in Pakistan The Interbank Closing Exchange Rate in Pakistan has been issued by the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) for May 21,...
Advertisement