Monitoring Desk: French investigators confirm the cockpit voice recorder (Black Box) of PIA #PK8303 had not been found, reports airlive.net.
According to Airlive dot net, the 11-member French investigating team that arrived in Pakistan from France on Tuesday to probe into the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) plane crash confirmed that investigators are still in Karachi for the initial investigation into the #PIA8303 A320 crash but cockpit voice recorder (Black Box) has not been found at this time.
Meanwhile, the team inspected the runway of the Jinnah International Airport. They also visited the air traffic control tower and radar control station before reaching the crash site. Available information indicate that team would leave for Paris once black boxes are recovered.
Crash PK8303: Some Revealing Facts You Need to Know
- The PIA flight PK8303 departed Lahore-Allama Iqbal International Airport for Karachi-Jinnah International Airport with 7 Crew members and 91 passengers on May 22, 2020.
- The Airbus A320-214 with Registration# AP-BLD/ C/n / msn# 2274 had its first flight on August 17, 2004.
- The aircraft was under the use of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) with flight number as 8303. It crashed on approach to Karachi-Jinnah International Airport (KHI), Pakistan on Friday, May 22, 2020.
- The flight departed Lahore at 13:05 hours local time (08:05 UTC) and was expected to arrive at Karachi about 14:45 (09:45 UTC).
- The aircraft was cleared to land on runway 25L. At 14:35 the flight crew radioed that they were going around and requested another ILS approach to runway 25L.
- The controller instructed the flight to turn left heading 110 and climb to 3000 feet.
- Four minutes later the flight reported they had “lost engine(s)” and subsequently declared a Mayday.
- The controller cleared the flight to land with both runways (25L and 25R) available.
- The aircraft crashed in a residential area named Model Colony, about 1360 m short of the threshold of runway 25L. The aircraft broke up and a large post-impact fire erupted.