RIYADH, Saudi Arabia: In another suicide attack which targeted a Shia mosque in Sunni-dominated Saudi Arabia during Friday prayers, at least four persons lost their lives.
The blast occurred outside the Imam Hussein (PBUH) mosque located in Dammam, the Capital of Saudi Arabia’s Eastern Province.
In a statement as reported by Saudi media, the Saudi interior ministry spokesman said that a bomber tried to enter the mosque but as he was stopped by security guards, he detonated his bomb. Subsequently, at least four persons were killed.
The spokesman said that the bomber was wearing women’s clothing.
No person or group immediately claimed responsibility for the deadly attack.
Meanwhile, President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif have strongly condemned the bomb blast in the Saudi city of Dammam.
They expressed grief and sorrow over the loss of precious lives. They also prayed for the early recovery of injured of the incident.
It was the second attack which targeted a Shia mosque in Saudi Arabia as earlier on May 22 a suicide blast ripped through a Shia mosque in the town of al-Qadeeh in eastern Qatif province, killing at least 21 persons.
The militant outfit the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) claimed responsibility for the May 22 attack.