ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Foreign Office has strongly rejected the irresponsible, spurious and totally false allegations against Pakistan made by the Indian Army Chief General MM Naravane.
Earlier in the morning, the Indian Army Chief accused Pakistan of exporting terror, and alleged that the whole world is battling the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic but Pakistan has not stopped stirring trouble at the Line of Control (LoC).
“It is very unfortunate that at a time when the whole world and India is fighting the menace of this pandemic, our neighbour continues to foment trouble for us,” the Indian Army Chief said while he was on a two-day visit to the Occupied Jammu & Kashmir.
In her opening remarks at the weekly media briefing in Islamabad on Friday, the Foreign Office Spokesperson Aisha Farooqui said that these baseless Indian allegations are patently designed to divert global and domestic attention from India’s state-terrorism and egregious human rights violations and clamping of fundamental freedoms in Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir (IOJ&K), particularly post August 5, 2019.
Aisha Farooqui said that in 2020 alone, Indian forces in IOJ&K have committed over 765 ceasefire violations resulting in Shahadat of three civilians as well as serious injuries to 54 innocent civilians.
Whereas in 2019, India violated the ceasefire agreement 3351 times, she said.
The Spokesperson said that Pakistan continues to respond to Indian belligerence in a firm and responsible manner.
Furthermore, she said that in the interest of regional peace and security, India is once again reminded to respect the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding and maintain peace along the LoC.
It must also allow the United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) to play its mandated role as per the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Resolutions, she added.