The Flood Forecasting Division (FFD) has informed very high-level flooding is likely to continue in River Kabul at Nowshera during the next 24 hours.
The River Indus at Taunsa is likely to attain very high flood level during the next 24 hours (Warning).
All concerned Federal Ministries / Departments, All PDMAs, Irrigation Departments, Respective District Administrations / DDMAs, Municipal / City Administrations are advised to ensure following: –
- Maintain enhanced alert level / monitoring of developing situation to reduce reaction / response times.
- All civic agencies / rescue services (Rescue 1122 / Fire Brigade / Ambulance / Civil Defense) to remain alert and ensure availability of personnel and equipment in at-risk areas during the forecasted period.
- People living along the banks of Rivers and in vicinity of nullahs to be sensitized about expected increase of water flows.
- Timely evacuation of at-risk population from low-lying / flood prone areas as per Evacuation Plans and ensure availability of shelters, food and medicines in those shelter camps.
- Locals / farmers / cattle herders be forewarned to shift cattle away from low lying areas adjacent to Rivers Indus and in vicinity of rivers.
- Restrict vehicle movement in low lying / at-risk location, in the vicinity of rivers/ nullahs.
- Provision of relief / medical supplies to affectees in timely manner.
- Coordinate with concerned departments for clearance of roads in case of any blockage / obstruction, waterlogging and pre-placing of necessary emergency equipment at vulnerable / appropriate locations.
- Travelers and Tourists are forewarned about risks posed by floods in vulnerable locations and may be diverted to safe lay-by / waiting areas with sufficient supply of water / food and essential medicines in case of adverse / dangerous road conditions by Police, NH&MP and Local Administrations.
- In case of any eventuality, special SITREP / update be shared immediately with NDMA.