ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Federal Cabinet has decided not to remove any one’s name from Exit Control List (ECL) for the time being, leaving the matter for detailed consideration.
The decision was taken on Wednesday in the Federal Cabinet meeting Chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan in Islamabad, which discussed a 20-point agenda covering issues of national importance.
It also reviewed the matter of placing names of 172 persons on ECL in light of the Supreme Court of Pakistan’s directions in the Fake Bank Accounts Case.
Sources said that the Cabinet meeting decided to review each name included in ECL on a case-by-case basis.
Fed Info Min @fawadchaudhry had already told yesterday in our program #GFG that not all 172 names would be taken out of ECL immediately, would depend upon the material presented by investigative agencies + Interior Ministry #FakeAccountsCase #MegaMoneyLaunderingScandal pic.twitter.com/ALVOFxRSWB
— Gharidah Farooqi (@GFarooqi) January 2, 2019
Earlier on December 31, a two-member bench of the Supreme Court headed by the Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar had expressed concern over placing the names of the Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah and other politicians on ECL before a proper review and direction from the Apex Court.
The Court asked the Federal Cabinet to review its decision to place the names of 172 suspects of the report submitted by the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) on ECL.
Furthermore in the Federal Cabinet meeting, reports from all the ministries and divisions were presented to the prime minister for performance review.
It was highlighted that all ministries need to focus on good governance, institution building, revival and growth of Pakistan’s economy in year 2019.