Hopefully Eid-ul-Adha is going well so far. When it comes to celebrating Bakra Eid, it is impossible to not think about food. With plenty of meat, there are plenty of options for Eid-ul-Adha recipes. For the first day of Eid, most people opt for cooking something easy as it is the most hectic day of the festive season. For day one, an easy recipe to enjoy with your family is Brain Masala fry Handi.
Brain Masala Fry Handi Recipe
Brain masala fry handi recipe is very easy to cook and tastes delicious with loads of nutrients. Here is the recipe:
Water: 4 cups
Garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
Vinegar: 1 and a half teaspoon
Mutton brain: half kg
Tomatoes: 4 of medium size
Onion (medium): 2
Cooking oil: 2-3 tablespoon
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Salt: to taste
Dhania powder: ½ teaspoon
Zeera powder: ½ teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: ¼ teaspoon
Jaifal (optional): ¼ teaspoon
Haldi powder: ½ teaspoon
Dairy cream: 2-3 tablespoon
Kasuri methi (crushed): ¼ teaspoon
Fresh coriander leaves
Fresh green chili (chopped): 3-4
- The first step in the Brain Masala Fry Handi recipe is to boil the mutton brain.
- Add 4 cups of water, 1 and a half teaspoon vinegar, and garlic paste in a frying pan and bring all the ingredients to boil.
- Then add brain meat in the boiling water and let it boil for 5-6 minutes.
- After boiling, cut the brain into pieces and set aside.
- Then, in a saucepan, add tomatoes, onions and water and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Once the mixture cools down, blend the mixture into a puree and set it aside.
- Then, move forward to cooking the ingredients in a frying pan.
- In the frying pan, add some cooking oil, ginger garlic paste, and a blended mixture. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add all the other spices from the Brain Masala Fry Handi recipe ingredients.
- Mix all the spices well, cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Then, uncover the pan and fry the masala for 1-2 minutes on high flame until oil separates.
- Add mutton brains and let it cook on low flame.
- Add cream and kasuri methi in the pan.
- Then add fresh coriander and green chillies and let it cook for 6-8 minutes on low flame.
- Serve the dish by garnishing it with fresh coriander leaves and enjoy the melting taste of the brain meat.
It takes around 30-45 minutes to cook.