The National Highway Authority (NHA) has included Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations in the contracts of filling station.
Concessionaires/Contractors are installing the same in line with the numbers of EV Vehicles commuting on a particular road.
Presently, EV Charging Stations are being installed at following locations:
- Rashakai service area, Islamabad -Peshawar motorway (M-1)
- Tandliyanwala service area, Lahore – Islamabad motorway (M-3)
- Dandewal service area, Pindi Bhattian -Faisalabad, Khanewal motorway (M-4)
- Khanewal service area, Pindi Bhattian – Faisalabad, Khanewal rnotorway (M-4)
- Hazara service area, Hassanabdal-Havelian Expressway (E-35).
Moreover, M/s MORE (Private) Limited being the Build Operate Transfer (BOT) concessionaire of M-2, has installed EV Charging Facility at Bhera Service Area on M-2.
With the gradual increase in number of EV Vehicles, other Fuel Stations across the Motorway Network will also install the EV Charging Facilities.
Note: The above information was shared with the Senate by the Minister for Communications Asad Mahmood on October 11, 2022.