Under the Ehsaas Program – a poverty alleviation initiative launched by the government of Pakistan in July 2019, interest-free loans are being given to low-income households to help them start their small businesses or expand them, generate income, and improve their livelihoods.
The Ehsaas Interest-Free Loan Program is the Country’s most significant initiative for poverty alleviation. It aims to impact millions of vulnerable people, half of them women, including youth, persons with special needs, transgender, minorities and marginalized communities.
Under the program, loans ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 500,000 are being disbursed in 147 districts across Pakistan.
To disburse interest-free loans to low-income communities on easy Terms and Conditions (TORs), 1,100 Loan Centers have been established and operated by 24 Partnering Organizations of the Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF) – the Ehsaas’ Executing Agency.
So far, 2,460,000 interest-free loans have been provided to borrowers across the country, of which 54 per cent are women.
List of PPAF Partner Organizations:
- Akhuwat Foundation (AF)
- Awami Development Organization (ADO)
- AGHAHE Pakistan
- CSC Empowerment & Inclusion Program (CEIP)
- Environmental Protection Society (EPS)
- Farmers Development Organization (FDO)
- FFO Support Program (FFOSP)
- Ghazi Barotha Taraqiati Idara (GBTI)
- Health & Nutrition Development Society (HANDS)
- Mojaz Foundation (MF)
- National Rural Support Program (NRSP)
- Organization for Poverty Reduction & Community Training Program (OPRCTP)
- Punjab Rural Support Program (PRSP)
- Rural Community Development Program (RCDP)
- SAFCO Support Foundation (SSF)
- Sustainable Development, Education, Rural Infrastructure, Veterinary Care & Environment (SERVE)
- Sayya Micronance Company (SMC)
- Sindh Rural Support Program (SRSO)
- Thardeep Rural Development Program (TRDP)
- Initiative for Development & Empowerment Axis (IDEA)
- Center of Excellence for Rural Development (CERD)
- Khwendo Kor (KK)
- Baluchistan Rural Development Society (BRDS)
- Participatory Integrated Development Society (PIDS)
- Click Here for a List of 736 Loan Centers across Pakistan
Eligible Criteria for Ehsaas Interest-Free Loan Program
- Age Limit: 18 to 60 years
- Score 0 to 40 on the poverty rating
- National Identity Card (NIC) holder
- Resident in the selected Union Council (UC)
- Practical business plan
How to Apply for Interest-Free Loan
- Find your nearest Loan Center and note down details of the Focal Person & Loan Center.
- Visit your Loan Center for further details.
- If you qualify, Loan Officer will fill out your Loan Application Form.
- The concerned staff will visit your home/area to verify your details
- Loan Officer will inform you if your application is approved or not
- If there is no objection, the loan will be processed between 2-4 weeks
- Interest-Free Loan Cheque will be handed over to you at scheduled cheque distribution even in your area