You can file your Income Tax Returns through various modes including the Tax Asaan App, an easiest way to file Income Tax Returns for salaried persons.
How to file your Income Tax Returns
- Log on to IRIS with username and password
- Click on Declaration Tab after logging in
- Select the Tax Year
- Select the Form for Relevant Category
- Click on Verification after entering details (Such as Salary Slip, Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Tax Statement, Expenditure and Assets etc.)
- Click on Submit button
File Your Income Tax Returns before December 31, 2019
The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has set December 31, 2019 as the new deadline for filing of Income Tax Returns for 2018-19.
Note: Filing of Income Tax Returns is mandatory for all persons with annual income of Rs 400,000 (PKR) or more.
Alternate Delivery Channels-Multiple Options for Tax Payment
- Cash Payment
- Internet Banking
- Direct Debit from Bank Statement
- Credit Card
Disadvantage of not being an Active Taxpayers List (ATL)
- Withholding Tax will be charged at double rates
- FBR will assess the application tax without serving any notice
- Legal action will be taken resulting into imprisonment of 1 to 3 years
- Fine will be charged on later submission of Income Tax Returns
File your Annual Income Tax Returns and play a part in Nation Building. The last date to file Income Tax Returns is 31st December, 2019. pic.twitter.com/HKiYA1DSmu
— FBR (@FBRSpokesperson) December 20, 2019