The penalty of Dh50,000 is being given to the following violations;
- Riding recreational motorcycle on road
- Driving recklessly
- Jumping a red light
- Driving with a forged or fake number plate
- Purposely colliding with a police car
- Driving below the aga of 18
A fine of Dh100,000 will have to be paid to release the confiscated vehicle for drivers who participate in a road race with prior permission from the police
A fine of Dh10,000 will have to be paid for;
- Making modifications to vehicles to increase Speed
- Avoiding the police
- Driving with a license plate
- Participating in car races or gathering people to watch races
- Exceeding the allowed tint percentage for vehicle windows
- Tinting the front windshield without permission
The police can also confiscate a vehicle if the persons has traffic fine that exceeds Dh6,000.
The vehicle will be released once the person pays the traffic fine. If the person fails to pay before the expiration date, he/she will have to pay Dh50 per day.
Confiscated vehicles can be released if the following conditions are met;
- Payment of all fines due on the vehicle according to the traffic file
- Rectification of the violation or removal of its causes
- Any other conditions determined by the Dubai Police
Deportation from the UAE
Along with mentioned fines and penalties, non-UAE national drivers of heavy vehicles who drive through a red light will be deported deportation from the UAE.
The impoundment period of the vehicle will be doubled if the vehicle is confiscated with one year for the same offence but only if the impoundment period is less than 90 days.
The amount to release the confiscated vehicle will also be doubled. This will only apply if the release amount for the vehicle doesn’t exceed Dh200,000.