QUETTA, Pakistan: A bomb went off in Chaman area of Balochistan’s Qillah Abdullah district on Monday morning, leaving five persons martyred and 21 injured, Dispatch News Desk (DND) news agency reported.
The bomb was planted by unknown miscreants in a motorcycle parked in front of Haji Nida Market in Chaman, and it was detonated when a vehicle of the Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) was passing nearby.
In the blast, five persons were martyred whereas 21 persons including two ANF Soldiers suffered injuries.
Five of the injured persons including both ANF Solders are in serious condition.
The Tehreek-ul-Ehrar, a wing of banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), has claimed the responsibility of the Chaman blast.
Details of the five martyred persons as per following;
- 23-year-old Hikmatullah S/O Abdul Qadir, resident of Baghicha Chaman
- 35-year-old Muhammad Shafi S/O Haji Toor, resident of Baghicha Chaman
- 58-year-old Muhammad Jalil S/O Qubid, resident of Daman Chaman
- 18-year-old Abdul Wali S/O Salah Ud Din
- 10-year-old boy (whose name is yet to be known) S/O Abdul Haq, resident of Chaman
Details of injured persons:
- ANF Sepoy Intikhab Alam S/O Muhammad Azeem
- ANF Sepoy Jalal
- 35-year-old Salah Ud Din S/O Abdul, resident of Killi Takedar Chaman
- 15-year-old Hameed S/O Abdul Qadir, resident of Baghicha Chaman
- 15-year-old Lal Shah S/O Salam Shah, resident of Chaman
- 34-year-old Muhammad Chaus S/O Abdul Wahid, resident of Killi Takedar Chaman
- 25-year-old Abdul Nasir S/O Naimatullah, resident of Killi Luqman Chaman
- 40-year-old Shah Mehmood S/O Abdul Rasheed, resident of Baghicha Chaman
- 15-year-old Nasir S/O Nazar Jan, resident of Adda Kahool
- 19-year-old Mir Hamza S/O Muhammad Dawood, resident of Chaman
- 33-year-old Abdul Wahid S/O Muhammad Nabi, resident of Shib Thalab
- 8-year-old Bibi Razeema D/O Muhammad Hashim, resident of Chaman
- 51-year-old Muhammad Ali S/O Muhammad Asghar, resident of Adda Kahool
- 30-year-old Siraj
- 19-year-old Abdul Samad S/O Baz Muhammad, resident of Baghicha Chaman
- 21-year-old Rehmatullah S/O Raz Muhammad, resident of Baghicha Chaman
- 25-year-old Hayyatullah S/O Abdul Samad, Chaman
- 18-year-old Zainullah S/O Mauladad, resident of Murda Karez
- 34-year-old Muhammad Naeem S/O Pervez, resident of Karachi
- 25-year-old Inayat S/O Abdul Qadir, resident of Chaman
- 70-year-old Baz Muhammad S/O Dost Muhammad, resident of Chaman
Soon after the blast, the civil administration rushed towards the blast area, started the rescue operation, and cordoned off the area.
Meanwhile, an emergency was declared at the District Headquarters Hospital in Chaman.
The heavy contingency of police and levies was deployed at the spot and the hospital while an investigation went underway.