By Matthias Samuel
Dark circles make a person look a lot older than the actual age. They are usually caused by sleep deprivation, allergies, stress, fluid retention and lifestyle behaviors – smoking, drinking alcohol and using amphetamines.
Dark circles are caused by following factors;
- Fatigue (oversleeping).
- Age (Natural aging is another common cause of those dark circles beneath your eyes).
- Eye strain (Staring at your television or computer screen can cause significant strain on your eyes. This strain can cause blood vessels around your eyes to enlarge).
- Allergies (Allergic reactions and eye dryness can trigger dark circles).
- Genetics (Family history also plays a part in developing dark circles under your eyes).
One good thing about the treatment of dark circles is that you don’t need to spend extensive amount of money on expensive creams and cosmetic procedures. They can be removed with natural remedies such as, Cucumbers and cold tea bags are among the most common.
Following are few treatments for dark circles;
- Coconut Oil, improves your health and physical appearance. If you have noticed the appearance of dark circles under your eyes simply massage extra virgin coconut oil under your eyes before going to bed.
- Cucumber, work well by themselves, but if you’re looking for a quicker fix, try soaking two cucumbers in lemon juice for 3 to 5 minutes in the refrigerator. Then place them on your eyes for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Get extra sleep. Getting enough sleep can also help reduce the appearance of dark circles. Sleep deprivation can cause your skin to appear pale, making the dark circles more obvious. Allow yourself seven to eight hours of rest to prevent dark circles from appearing.
- Cold tea bags, Applying cold tea bags to your eyes can improve their appearance. Tea contains caffeine and antioxidants that can help stimulate blood circulation, shrink your blood vessels, and reduce liquid retention beneath your skin. Use green tea bags. Soak two black or green tea bags in hot water for five minutes. Let them chill in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes. Then apply on your eyes.