ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Minister of State for Interior Shehryar Afridi has told the National Assembly that various crimes in Islamabad have considerably decreased due to better strategy adopted by the Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) Police.
In a written reply, the minister apprised the House that the crime under the head of car theft, motorcycle theft, robbery, kidnapping, murder, and dacoity in Islamabad has been decreased.
The following comparative statements of crimes show that there is a considerable decrease in the above mentioned crime;
The minister told that prompt action has been taken against illegal arms and narcotics dealers, which show an increase as compared to the previous year.
Furthermore, the ICT Police has taken following steps to curb the crime within the Federal Capital;
- Identification of Crime Pockets
- Crime cluster Analysis
- Establishment of Nakas
- Date Base (Survey of Kachi Abadies)
- Intelligence Baed Policing
- Combing/Search Operatoins
- Random Checking of Guest House/Hotel/Motel
- General Hold-ups (Surprise Checking)
- Survey of Rented Accommodating, illegal settlements & Deeni Madaris
- Surveillance of suspected elements
- Data proofing of released prisoners
- Monitoring through Safe City Cameras