ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The capital administration has devised a comprehensive policy to curb agents/tout mafia in Islamabad.
A notification issued from the Office of Deputy Commissioner Islamabad Irfan Nawaz Memon stated that various businesses, banks, showrooms, and similar entities have issued authorization letters to different persons for their matters in the Excise and Taxation Office Islamabad.
The notification said that the practice has helped such persons to act as agents/touts which is against the law.
It is now declared that all authorization letters issued previously stand canceled with immediate effect and in the future following directions must be observed by businesses, banks, or similar entities about appointing authorized persons:
- An authorization letter shall only be accepted if provided with specific details of the vehicles, the persons so authorized, and the date of its validity.
- An authorization letter can only be used once and for each different case, a separate authorization letter shall be acquired.
- In the case of banks, the authorized persons must not be below the rank of Assistant Manager and must be working as permanent employee in Islamabad.
- In the case of public limited companies, their representative must hold a valid office identity card, authorization letter for a specific case, and SECP registration of the company.
- The authorized person must be a taxpayer.
- Showrooms are not allowed to uses authorization letters to any person.