Here’s all the necessary UAE Labour card information to work there.
UAE Labour Card Information
UAE has become a global hub for employment, where people come to attain jobs worldwide. The attraction is because of its expanding economy, labour demand, and tax-free income. To work freely in the UAE, residents need to get a UAE Labor Card that proves their employment in the country. It provides necessary details about the employee’s employment status and contracts with the Employer.
This card is issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE) to keep a record of the employees working in the region. It works as an identification card for workers in the UAE. UAE Labour Card information includes the worker’s name, occupation, nationality, Employer, work permit number, Personal identification number, labour card number, and expiration date. Authorities suggest the workers keep this card with them at all times.
All workers who work in the UAE are eligible for the UAE Labour Card. It is issued to every worker, whether local or foreign or in the public or private sector. For eligibility, both employees and employers have to meet specific requirements.
Eligibility criteria for employees
- The minimum age must be 18, and the maximum period must be 60.
- Must meet the required academic qualification criteria according to the occupation.
- Must clear the medical examination and provide a certificate from their home country.
Eligibility Criteria for Employers
- Must update records of employment and discard expired cards.
- The offered salary must be according to the profession.
- The companies must follow the rules and regulations set by the authorities in the UAE.
The Employer has to provide the worker with a UAE Labour Card within 60 days of arrival. If the Employer cannot give the card, they are accountable to authorities and may be fined.
UAE Labour Card Number
You can do this online and by visiting the relevant authority’s office. The two methods of checking the UAE Labour card number check are below:
- Via the official MOHRE Android and iOS app.
- Or you can visit the Tas’heel centres in UAE, where you can quickly get information about your employment. You can ask for the UAE labour card number and a copy of the employment contract.
Here’s how you can do it using the MOHRE app on both Android and iOS.
- Download the app on your smartphone.
- Log in using your UAE Pass details.
- Then it will show your picture along with the title ’employee’.
- Here, you can see all the UAE Labour Card Information, including the number, issue date, and expiration date.
How to Download it?
The UAE has stopped issuing physical cards to its employees. They are available in digital form. However, the users can download it, print it, and use it as proof of employment. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit the MOHRE website.
- At the top of the page, you can see ‘Services’. Click on it.
- Select the ‘New Inquiry Services’ option.
- Then you will see the option to ‘Choose a Service’.
- Select ‘Print electronic work permit’.
- You will see the ‘Work Permit No.’ tab, where you must enter your Labour card number.
- Once you see your card, select the ‘Print’ option to let you download the card.
The fee for issuing and renewing a labour card starts at AED 250 and goes up to AED 3,450. The rate depends upon the company you are working in.
Labour Card Validity
The UAE labour card is issued for two years. However, the card for government employees is valid for three years. The renewal is only possible if the Employer and employee agree to continue the contract. In the case of renewal, the process must be done within 50 days of expiration.
How to check labour card fines in UAE
The most common fine is for delaying the submission of a new labour card, which is AED 500. For all other Fines associated with Labour Card types, you can either check from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE) website or the mobile/web app.