ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: Makhdoom Khusro Bakhtiar has been removed as the Federal Minister for National Food Security and Research while Shahzad Arbab has been removed as the Adviser on Establishment as Prime Minister Imran Khan reshuffled his Cabinet on Monday.
Besides, the Secretary Ministry of National Food Security & Research Hashim Popalzai has also been removed. He will be replaced by Omar Hameed.
Likewise, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) stalwart Jahangir Khan Tareen has also been removed as the Chairman of Task Force on Agriculture in light of findings of sugar and wheat inquiry report.
The prime minister has also accepted the resignation of the Khalid Maqbool Siddique as the Federal Minister for Information Technology.
However, according to the Prime Minister’s Special Assistant on Media Dr Shahbaz Gill, the news about Khusro Bakhtiar’s resignation is not correct and he will now serve as the Federal Minister for Economic Affairs.
خسرو بختیار صاحب کے استعفے کی خبر درست نہیں ہے۔ وہ اپنے نئے عہدے پر کام کریں گے۔ رزاق داؤد صاحب کے پاس کامرس کی منسٹری ہے۔
— Dr. Shahbaz GiLL (@SHABAZGIL) April 6, 2020
Cabinet reshuffle by Prime Minister Imran Khan:
- Syed Fakhar Imam has been made the Federal Minister for National Food Security
- Hammad Azhar has been made the Federal Minister for Industries
- Makhdoom Khusro Bakhtiar has been made the Federal Minister for Economic Affairs
- Azam Swati has been made the Federal Minister for Narcotics Control
- Babar Awan has been made the Prime Minister’s Advisor for Parliamentary Affairs
- Amin ul Haq has been appointed as the Federal Minister for Telecom
- Omar Hameed has been transferred and appointed as the Secretary Ministry of National Food Security
Sources said that Abdul Razak Dawood has been removed from the portfolio of Industries & Production and the Chairman of Sugar Advisory Board but he will remain as the Prime Minister’s Adviser for Trade and Investment.
I am grateful to my leader @ImranKhanPTI for entrusting me with the portfolio of Industries.
This is a heavy responsibility, especially during these challenging times. May Allah give us all the strength & ability to overcome all difficulties & lay foundations of a Naya Pakistan.
— Hammad Azhar (@Hammad_Azhar) April 6, 2020
Separately, the Punjab Food Minister Samiullah Chaudhry has also tendered his resignation and offered himself for accountability over allegations leveled after the wheat inquiry report surfaced.
While the Dera Ghazi Khan Commissioner Naseem Sadiq and the former Director Food Punjab Zafar Iqbal have been made Officer on Special Duty (OSD).
وزیراعلیٰ پنجاب @UsmanAKBuzdar کے اہم فیصلے
▪ صوبائی وزیر خوراک سمیع اللہ چوہدری کا استعفیٰ منظور کر لیا
▪ کمشنر ڈیرہ غازی خان و سابقہ سیکرٹری خوراک نسیم صادق کی عہدے سے علیحدگی کی درخواست قبول کرتے ہوئے OSD بنا دیا گیا
▪ سابق ڈائریکٹر خوراک ظفر اقبال کو OSD بنا دیا گیا
— Government of Punjab (@GOPunjabPK) April 6, 2020
Nausheen Javaid Amjad appointed Chairman FBR
Nausheen Javaid Amjad has been appointed as the Chairman of the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) with immediate effect, replacing Shabbar Zaidi.
Nausheen is a BS-22 Officer of Inland Revenue Service presently posted as Member (Administration).