BOSTON: An FBI official said on Tuesday that there are no known additional threats after two blasts struck the Boston marathon a day ago leaving three people dead and over 150 others injured.
“There’s no known imminent physical threat at any location where we might be conducting investigative activity right now,” FBI Special Agent Rick DesLauriers said in the aftermath of Monday’s Boston marathon bombing, adding that there were on-going investigations in various locations throughout the area.
Meanwhile, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick said only two bombs were used and no other unexploded devices had been found despite earlier reports to the contrary. “It’s important to clarify that two and only two explosive devices were found yesterday,” Patrick said.
“Other parcels — all other parcels in the area of the blast have been examined. No unexploded bombs. No unexploded explosive devices (were) found,” he added.
Patrick said over 150 people were injured, some of them gravely. “Our thoughts go out to all of those injured and killed,” he said.