Who will get free Solar System in Punjab? Complete Information

BlogsWho will get free Solar System in Punjab? Complete Information

The Punjab government is set to launch the ‘Roshan Gharana Program’ to provide solar panels to consumers using up to 500 units monthly.

Under the ‘Roshan Gharana Program’, the Punjab government will initially install solar systems to 4.5 million domestic consumers in easy installments to be paid in five years.

The Punjab government will cover 90% of the cost of the solar panels while remaining 10% to be paid by the consumer.

Eligibility Criteria

At first, units will be seen in the house in which the solar system to be installed.

For installation of solar system, domestic customers need to send the ID Card number to 8800 and the reference number on the electricity bill.

Once the registration process is completed, the solar system will be distributed to the domestic users through a draw.Who will get free Solar System in Punjab? Complete Information

Initially, consumers will pay 25% of the cost of solar through the Bank of Punjab and National Bank. No interest will be charged on this amount, customers will have to pay the original cost of solar in installments over five years.

The consumer has to pay the cost of solar in installments in the form of electricity bill.

A Company registered with the government will install a solar system at their home for customers who are eligible for solar power.

The installation of these solar systems will begin in September or October.

The government will provide free solar panels to consumers who use up to 200 units, customers using 200 to 500 units will be provided interest free loan while for consumers using more than 500 units, the government will contribute 75% interest-free loan.Who will get free Solar System in Punjab? Complete Information

How much kW of solar system, a consumer will receive?

Household consumers with monthly electricity consumption of 50 units or less will be given 500 watts while household consumers with 50 to 100 units will be given a 1 kilowatt solar system.

Customers of 200 to 300 units will be able to install 1,100 watts solar system, 300 to 400 units will be able to install 1,650 watts, and 500 units will be able to install up to 2,200 watts.

The domestic consumers whose electricity consumption is up to 500 units in a year will be able to benefit from the Punjab government’s Solar Panel Scheme.

The house having a single meter will be able to benefit from the Roshan Gharana scheme

The user must also be a filer to avail the Scheme. In case of non-filer, the system will not accept the user’s details.

Consumers who are availing Benazir Income Support Program (BIS) or any other government assistance program will not be able to benefit from the Scheme for purchasing the Solar System.

Likewise, consumers, who are found involved in electricity theft, will not get the Solar System.

The government will ascertain, through the reference number and identity card number, that no FIR of electricity theft was registered against this customer.

Mati
Mati
Mati-Ullah is the Online Editor For DND. He is the real man to handle the team around the Country and get news from them and provide to you instantly.

Must read

Recent News

President Zardari for collaborative efforts to ensure sustainable development

0
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: President Asif Ali Zardari has called for collaborative efforts by the Eastern nations to ensure sustainable development and common prosperity through China’s...

Civil Society Organizations oppose a dummy Minorities’ Rights Commission

0
ISLAMABAD Pakistan: Observing fault lines in the bill moved as private member bill in the National Assembly on July 09, 2024, the participants of...

Imran Khan, Bushra Bibi acquitted in Iddat Case

0
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The former Prime Minister Imran Khan and his wife Bushra Bibi have been acquitted in the Iddat Case.The Additional District and Sessions...

IMF, Pakistan reach Staff-Level Agreement on 37-month EFF

0
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) and Pakistan have reached a staff-level agreement on a 37-month Extended Fund Facility Arrangement (EFF) of about US$ 7...

USD to PKR: USD Dollar Rate in Pakistan Today – 13 July 2024

0
The US Dollar (USD) was being bought and sold at Rs 279.00 and Rs 281.50 in the Open Market against the Pakistani Rupee (PKR)...
Advertisement