Electrical short circuiting caused fire at an Islamic school in Yangon, Myanmar that killed 13 children

YANGON: An electrical short circuiting caused fire at an Islamic school in Yangon, Myanmar that killed 13 children. The children died of suffocation in the fire at a dormitory of a school next to a mosque at about 2:40 a.m., reports media.  Witnesses said that doors were locked so children could not come out when fire erupted.

“A total of 13 boys were killed in the fire caused by overheating of a transformer. They died of suffocation after inhaling too much smoke,” a Central Fire Service duty officer said.

“It seemed the boys didn’t get a chance to get away because the doors were locked because of the unstable situation,” a resident said.

According to official records, electrical faults and overheating are major causes of fires in Yangon

READ  Connecting Central Asia with South Asia through safe passage: Nawaz approves Pak-China Trade Corridor

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.