Four amazing things to know about the Dubai metro:
The Dubai Metro is an excellent public transportation system for moving into the city. Here are the top five facts about the Dubai Metro that you must know.
1. The Dubai Metro is the world’s longest and largest mechanized metro system.
- The Dubai Metro provides a vast underground transportation network from the Business District to Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard.
- 2012 the Dubai Metro was officially recognized as the world’s most comprehensive driverless metro system.
2. Thirty million Ride the Dubai Metro in its First Year.
- The first year of service for the Dubai Metro has been an enormous success. Thirty million people utilized the Metro in a single year.
- The Dubai Metro connects many of the city’s most important neighborhoods.
- Tourism is increased in Dubai because of its excellent metro system.
3. It Could Cost You AED 300 to Sleep on the Metro.
- According to the official Dubai Metro Rules, napping is strictly forbidden and will result in a Dhs300 (AED) punishment for the offender.
- The restriction and Dubai Metro Fines are in place for the Metro’s cleanliness and safety. Accidents and disturbances to other passengers are two additional risks associated with sleeping on the subway.
4. The Red Line takes only Seventy minutes from Rashidiya to Jebel Ali.
- The Dubai metro takes only 70 minutes from Rashidiya Station to Jebel Ali Station on the Red Line.
- The Dubai Metro is often regarded as one of the world’s most recognizable underground networks. About 109.1 million individuals used the system on average in the first half of 2022.
What Makes the Dubai Metro So Special?
The Dubai Metro is among the largest and most technologically advanced. Over a million people use its 69 terminals every single day.
How Quickly Can You Travel on the Dubai Metro?
The Dubai Metro system is famous for its lightning-quick times. The fastest train can reach speeds of up to 90 km/h, meaning a whole journey may be made in 2 hours and 23 minutes.
In Dubai, what do you call the underground system?
The full name of the Dubai subway system is the Dubai Mass Transit System (DMTS).