DUBAI, UAE: The Third Edition of Dubai’s Best Sustainable Transport Means Photo Competition organized by the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) is all set to begin under the theme: Mobility in Dubai.
The event is held in cooperation with the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Awards (HIPA) and will run for three weeks ending on October 15, 2023.
The competition, which coincides with the Year of Sustainability 2023, aims to encourage residents, tourists, and particularly Public Transport users to showcase Dubai’s sustainable transportation through their smartphone lenses. Public Transport means include the Metro, Tram, Public Buses, and water transport like the Water Bus, Water Taxi, Ferry, and Abra.
The participants in the competition are required to adhere to the following rules;
- Photos are to be submitted only through the competition’s online registration page via: (www.hipa.ae) starting at (00:01) on September 25, 2023 until (00:00) on October 15, 2023 UAE local time (+4 hours GMT).
- No entries will be accepted after the specified time.
- The participants must be individuals and not institutions, and their age must not be less than 18 years at the time of participation in the competition.
- the participants must confirm their acceptance of these Rules at the time of participation.
- They must agree that the RTA and HIPA will automatically disqualify and without additional notice any photos found to have been submitted by a participant under the age of 18 at the time of participation.
The Secretary-General of HIPA His Excellency Ali Khalifa bin Thalith said, “Sustainability plays a profound role in shaping the best and most appropriate lifestyle for current and future generations, not only in the UAE but around the world. We need to harness the power of photography to serve as a visual translator, crystallizing the meaning of sustainability and bringing it closer to our minds through innovative artistic expression.”
“We are pleased to continue our fruitful collaboration with the Roads and Transport Authority to promote awareness about the significance of sustainable transportation. HIPA, with RTA’s support, invite all photographers and commuters alike, to participate in our mobile photography competition and be a part of this beautiful and challenging journey towards winning.”