ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: Further 60 people lost their lives and 2,963 tested positive for Coronavirus across Pakistan in the last 24 hours, according to the National Command & Operation Centre (NCOC).
Of the fatalities, 24 occurred in Punjab, 21 Sindh, 10 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 4 in Islamabad, and 1 in Balochistan.
In addition, 39 COVID patients died on ventilators.
Currently, 348 ventilators are occupied across Pakistan.
The NCOC says that 63% ventilators are occupied in Multan, 49% in Islamabad, 41% in Peshawar, and 36% in Lahore.
While 61% oxygen beds are occupied in Islamabad, 47% in Multan, 46% in Peshawar, and 37% in Abbottabad.
In total, 426,412 people have so far been infected in Pakistan, 8,547 have died, and 372,271 have recovered.
As of December 9, the total active COVID Cases in Pakistan are 45,324.
The following data has been shared by NCOC;
- The national positivity ratio is 7.78%
- The highest positivity ratio observed in Karachi 21.80%, followed by Hyderabad 19.03 % and Mirpur 13.16%, and Rawalpindi 13.03 %
- The positivity ratio in various federating units is as:
- AJK 9.8%, Balochistan is 6.5%, Gilgit-Baltistan 3.7%, Islamabad 6.3%, KP is 10.6%, Punjab 3.9% and Sindh 13.1%
Province wise COVID Positivity Ratio under:-
Mortality Analysis (n=8547)
- Current Fatality Rate: 2.0 against 2.28% globally
- Out of total deaths, 71% are Males
- Out of total deaths 76% over the age of 50 years
- Most importantly that 72% had chronic comorbidities meaning by that those with other diseases are more likely to affected by this virus
- 91% of the deceased remained hospitalized
- 58% of hospitalized patients remained on the ventilator