25000MW electricity to be added in National Grid system through CPEC

Business25000MW electricity to be added in National Grid system through CPEC

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) was not just a project of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) government rather it would help Pakistan to overcome challenge of power shortage.

Moreover, as, Pakistan has been facing a big challenge of power shortage and it was hoped that 25000MW electricity would be added in National Grid system in next ten years through CPEC. Besides, “it has great impact on the future of our generations in terms of their well-being as it would create job opportunities.”


These views were expressed by analysts while talking in Radio Pakistan’s News and Current Affairs programme.

Senator Zafar Iqbal Jhagra said, all the provinces of the country would be equally benefitted through China Pakistan Economic Corridor specially Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

This mega project, he said would bring socio-economic change. CPEC was vital for economic development of the country, he added.

The reservations of some political parties could be eliminated by sitting on a table, he maintained.

Senator Kalsoom Parveen said, “China Pakistan Economic Corridor will facilitate the youth of our country; China is a role model for us and we should follow its policies to become the economic power.”

Some anti-Pakistan and anti-development elements were trying to create hurdles in CPEC but they would never succeed in their mission.

CPEC, he said, would benefit the entire country as 77% development projects in China Pakistan Economic Corridor were related to energy sector and remaining 23% were related to road infrastructure.

“China-Pakistan Economic Corridor is going to be a major attraction for domestic investors who see it as catalyst for Pakistan to grow its economy at a pace achieved by leading regional peers,” he remarked.

Senator Nehal Hashmi said, Present government was making all out efforts to develop a mutual consensus on China Pakistan Economic Corridor.

Pakistan got historic opportunity to develop its backwards areas economically and socially through CPEC, he added.

CPEC, he said, was not merely a road project but a framework of economic cooperation in various sectors.

PML-N leader Maiza Hameed said,the Western route of CPEC would be completed on priority basis and proposals for industrial zones and parks were being developed with the consultation of provinces.

Deliberating on CPEC, she said,650 kms missing link on Western route would be completed by December 2016.

China Pakistan Economic Corridor was going to benefit all the countries of the region, she added.

Senior analyst Dr. Manzoor Khan Afridi said,China Pakistan Economic Corridor, would link China and Pakistan to Middle East and African countries. Pakistan has been facing a big challenge of power shortage and it was hoped that 25000MW electricity would be added in National Grid system in next ten years through CPEC.

Senior analyst Dr. Noor Fatima said,46 billion dollars development project was a gift for Pakistan and all the countries of the region.

Present government has initiated many power projects through CPEC in order to overcome energy crisis, she added.

Source: APP

Mati-Ullah is the Online Editor For DND. He is the real man to handle the team around the Country and get news from them and provide to you instantly.

Must read

Recent News

Police, administration on high alert to ensure peace & security during Muharram: Mohsin Naqvi

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Federal Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi visited the Markazi Asna Ashri Imam Bargah in G-6, Islamabad last night and reviewed the security...

Supreme Court rules in favour of PTI in Reserved Seats Case

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Friday announced the much-anticipated judgement in the Reserved Seats Case, overturning the denial of reserved seats...

Rain Emergencies Alert: Parts of KPK exposed to medium level urban & flash flooding...

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: The National Disaster Management Authority’s (NDMA) National Emergencies Operation Center anticipated that Rainfall is expected in various parts of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa...

PM Shahbaz directs to take steps to enhance wheat’s production

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif has directed to take effective steps to enhance the production of wheat and other crops.Chairing a meeting...

SBP reserves rise by $15.6 million

Total reserves: $14.6 billion, up $71.7 million SBP reserves: $9.4 billion, up $15.6 million Commercial Banks reserves: $5.2 billion, up by $56.1 millionKARACHI,...